The student code of conduct is established to foster the scholarly and civic development of the institutions students’ in a safe and secure learning environment. The reputation of an institute depends on the performance of its students not only in academics but also by their conduct which is an integral part of their personality. In order to make learning in serene environment, the following code of conduct is applicable to all students enrolled in various Undergraduate, Postgraduate programs of the institute. After reading the CODE OF CONDUCT, kindly download MANDATORY DECLARATION and submit it’s signed hard copy along with your admission form.
01. To read, become familiar with and adhere to this code.
02. To behave and conduct themselves in the college campus, hostels and premises in a decent and dignified manner and show due respect to the authorities, employees and faculty members.
03. To observe standards of conduct that will contribute to the pursuit of academic goals and to the welfare of the academic community by striving to develop appropriate work attitudes and habits.
01. Students should come to the college campus in decent and presentable attire.
02. Collarless T-shirts, sleeveless T-shirts are strictly forbidden.
03. Student shall not wear clothing with inappropriate messages.
04. Any student wearing dress in an inappropriate way which degrades the dignity and decorum, will not be permitted to enter the college campus.
05. First year Students should follow the dress code prescribed by the college.
01. All students are required to attend all classes on time and with the appropriate materials. Students who come late will not be awarded attendance and may be denied entry to the class.
02. Silence shall be maintained in all the academic premises of the college. Behaviors which interfere with student learning will not be tolerated.
03. No students shall enter or leave the classrooms when the session is on without the permission of the teacher.
04. Students will demonstrate respect for all staff and fellow students. Requests made to them by staff are expected to be followed and adhered to. Failure to follow such requests could lead to parental contact, suspension or expulsion.
05. Chewing gum inside the academic area is strictly prohibited.
06. Students should keep the class room tidy. They should switch off lights and fans when they are not required.
07. Students are not permitted to use mobile phones in academic area viz library and examination halls etc. All types of Mobile phones are strictly prohibited in exam hall and if any student is possession of such phones, the phones will be confiscated.
08. Use of internet for the purpose other than academic related activities is banned.
09. Interfering or tampering any of the office records of college is a serious offenses and result in suspension/rustication.
10. Plagiarism of any nature is not permitted.
11. Calling students out of their classrooms while lecture is in progress is prohibited.
01. Students should make optimum utilization of their time. They are expected to spend their free time in the Library/Reading room. They shall not loiter along the verandahs’ or crowd in front of the classrooms offices or the campus roads. Students are not allowed to sit on places such as parapets, stairs, footpaths, etc.
02. All students should posses’ identity card at all time during their presence on campus and should present it if asked by security person.
03. Refusal to identify or falsely identifying one’s self when requested by an institution official will be liable to punishment.
04. Possession or consumption of narcotic drugs, tobacco, alcohol and other intoxicating substances are strictly prohibited in the campus and hostels. SCOE campus is a “smoking free campus”.
05. No students shall collect money either by request or by coercion from others within the campus or hostels.
06. All Students of the College who are coming by ‘two wheeler’, should have valid Driving License with them and must wear Helmet compulsorily. Four wheeler of students are not allowed in the campus. Obey the instructions of security persons while parking the vehicles.
07. Rash or negligent driving of vehicles, riding in noisy two wheeler, riding with more than one pillion rider in the college premises is prohibited. Students are warned that any violation of rules, may result in seizure of their vehicle by the security.
08. Any kind of physical intimacy is not allowed in college campus.
09. Act of violence, Threatening, Harassing or assaultive conduct which has caused injury to other residents of the campus, is liable to punishment.
10. Theft, property damage will lead to severe punishment.
11. Engaging or inciting other students, to engage by any means whatsoever and performing or attempting to perform an act, which bring disrepute to other students/faculty of the institution is not permitted.
12. Shouting, blowing whistle, making noise in any form, use of abusive/filthy language and gestures is strictly prohibited.
13. Taking out rally and bringing Sandal band in the college premise is prohibited.
14. During industrial tour strictly follow the guidelines given by the college, HOD and tour in charge.
15. Birthday celebrations by the students in the college premises including the canteen are prohibited. Holi (Dhulivandan) celebration in the college campus is strictly prohibited.
16. Writing of slogans, comments etc on desks, on the clothes of students or on walls of the campus is not permitted.
17. Burning of fire-crackers in the college premises including hostels is a serious offense. Violation of this rule may invite rustication/expulsion of the students who are directly or indirectly involved in this act.
18. Arranging parties outside the college which may deteriorate/spoil the college name and fame is not allowed.
19. Presenting false testimony – knowingly making false statements regarding a disciplinary matter before, during or after the disciplinary adjudication process will not be tolerated.
20. College authorities have strict view regarding safety of girl students on campus. College is committed to the policy of zero tolerance with regard to harassment, intimidation, and discrimination of any kind of girl students on campus. A committee of three faculty members and three senior class girl students is formed to monitor and report to the authorities regarding any incidences of the type. Any act of harassment/ intimidation/ discrimination of any kind towards girl students is found, severe penalty will be imposed on the perpetrators of such crimes.
21. Ragging of the student is offense under Indian penal code. Any student found involved in this act will be punished as per the law. Any student exhibiting prohibited behavior mentioned in this code shall, depending upon the gravity of the misconduct on depending or its recurrence be subjected to any of the following disciplinary sanctions.
01. Warning or Reprimand: The student engaged in any prohibited behavior will be issued a warning letter. The bad conduct of such students shall be informed to the Parent/Guardian.
02. Tendering Apology : The student engaged in any prohibited behavior may be asked to tender an apology for his/her act, undertaking that he/she shall not indulge in such or any of the prohibited behavior in future.
03. Fines : The student engaged in any prohibited behavior/conduct may be asked to pay a fine up to Rs.5000/- towards students welfare fund.
04. Forfeiture : The tool used by the student in violating the code of conduct shall be forfeited.
05. Non evaluation of course : Students who indulge in any form of malpractice during the process of his evaluation, or try to influence the evaluator from any source, he/she shall not be evaluated in that course.
06. Debarring from attending campus recruitment : A student/group of students may be prevented from registering for college placement cell and debarred from attending any campus placement related activities.
07. Suspension of Privileges : A student/group of students may be prevented from availing privilege like using common academic facilities (e.g. library, computer center etc), recommendations for loan/scholarship/fellowship etc; representing the institution in any national or international meet, tournament, youth festival, etc.
08. Suspension from college :
A) If any student violates the code of conduct which leads to lowering of the esteem of the college or involves in any activity which endangers the dignity and safety of other students or staff of the college and if the college authorities finds prima facie evidence is available against the student, he/she shall be suspended from the college for a maximum period of 15 days, pending further inquiry by the college authorities.
B) A student may be suspended from the college for violation of any of the provisions of this code. The period of suspension and conditions, if any, shall be clearly indicated in the communication addressed to the student. The student shall lose his/her attendance for the suspended period. The period of suspension shall be decided based on the findings and recommendations of the inquiry committee.
09. Restitution : Restitution implies reimbursement in terms of money and/or services to compensate for personal injury or loss, damage/dis figuration to property of the college or any property kept in the premises of the college in any manner. The students/group of students may be asked to compensate for the loss that has been caused to any person or property of the college or any property kept in the premises of the college due to the act of vandalism perpetrated by the students. The students/group of students shall also be liable to put in their service to restore any loss or damage caused to any property and thereby bringing it to its original form if it is possible.
10. Debarring from Examinations : A student/group of students may be debarred from writing all/any/some of the examinations, which forms part of the academic programme for which he/she/they has/have joined.
11. Expulsion : This is the extreme form of disciplinary action and shall be resorted to only in cases where stringent action is warranted. Expulsion is the permanent dismissal of a student from the college. Any student who is persistently insubordinate, who is repeatedly or willfully mischievous even after warning and punishments, in the opinion of the competent authority, is likely to have an unwholesome influence on his/her fellow students, will be removed from the rolls. Such a student will not be eligible for readmission to any of the courses of this college.
12. Other appropriate sanctions may be imposed by the competent authority of the institution singularly or in combination with any of the above listed actions.